45A shower pull cord switch

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by acwizard1, Aug 10, 2017.

1. acwizard1

acwizard1 New Member

Can anybody recommend a reliable 45A shower pull cord switch. One where the mechanical indicator does not cause problems. Is there a shower switch with a neon only. Thanks

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

longboat, Sparkielev and KIAB like this.
  3. unphased likes this.
  4. acwizard1

acwizard1 New Member

Thanks Lectrician and Deleted member 11267 I shall give the Crabtree switch a try. Appreciate your prompt reply.

5. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

My choice none of 'em

Love 45A /50A pull switches as much as a Square D or Crabtree breakers with push in connectors

Firestarters the lot of em

Plate switch all the way for that amount of current going through a flimsy set of contacts yanked too hard up in the ceiling. .

S

6. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Sparky, interesting, can you recommend one. :)

I'm looking at replace my ceiling switch very soon, for this same reason.

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

8. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

The Crabtree is prob. the safest bet pn the pull cord flavour, although still cpra in ALL aspects for hard working current carrying IMO

Plate switch, agree avoid LAP, cheap cihnk tat, MK would give longest life expectancy, but all this stuff going in has not got the build strengths of the old stuff being withdrawn for service owing to 'it looks old fashioned'

9. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

this why I tell customers to leave them on it only a form of isolation anyway

unphased likes this.