A mix of "The James Plays" and "Oliver"

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by chippie244, Jun 6, 2016.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

20151113_145003.jpg 20151113_141015.jpg 20151113_141005.jpg 20151113_140948.jpg 20151113_140936.jpg 20151113_140921.jpg

Attached Files:

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The "James Plays" was a world wide tour for the National Theatre of Scotland and consisted of 3 separate sets on the same frame work and due to shipping logistics we had to build 3 separate lots of 3. The first one opened in Australia whilst the second was being rebuilt in New Zealand then the Australian one went to America and the third one is still touring the UK.
    Oliver was the xmas show in the Curve in Liecester and the stage floor was 17M x 19M.
    I was trying to paint a door for a private job and couldn't find a space.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Attached Files:

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I may be making a mess of this, I'm going between google drive which I don't understand and screwfix's file upload which I also don't understand.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry for all the repeats :oops::oops::oops:

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Impressive stuff chippie. I used to work with a chap from Manchester who built stage sets and film sets. He worked at Pinewood Studios quite a lot over the years.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Never been in Pinewood, I've done a bit in various Elstree studios, which are all in Borehamwood which might be an oxymoron :p:p

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Well I can tell you like the BBC (from all the repeats) :D:D:D:D:D

10. Wow, Chippie.

Argh - so many Qs... :oops:

Ok, ok,... I'm guessing this is set after an inferno or Armageddon or summat?

Where is it meant to be 'set' - a city? London?

Fantastic effects. You don't do the actual 'effects' stuff, do you? That's done by painters and other peeps?

The rust on the metal - is that real or painted?

What's the curved shape in the 4th pic meant to be - in your post #1? The steel girder in the 5th pic - is that real?

Silly Q - do you ever go to watch the plays performed afterwards? And if you do, do you keep your mouth shut... :)