A new filter for the website

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by gpierce, Mar 3, 2017.

1. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

So something that would really help a lot would be a filter on search results or listings that lets me see either a) only products that are stocked in branch, or even better b)only products currently in stock at my selected branch.

Screwfix increasing their range all the time with more products not stocked in stores (which I don't generally object too) is coming at a convenience cost when trying to buy something I need today.

A few examples would be;

Plumbing parts. For example if I'm doing a small job and need a 15mm plastic push fit 'T' then I don't really care about the brand that much. The price isn't as important as when I'm placing a bigger order, the value lies in knowing which product I can go and get today.

Same applies to things like screws, screwdriver bits, tape, sealants, drill bits, all kinds of smaller purchases where what I really want more than the biggest range, the best price or a specific brand is just to be able to go and get it now - because I'll have finished the job by the time it gets delivered to store tomorrow so anything not physically in my local store is not a consideration.

I know a lot of the time you do stock a lot of the smaller stuff, but it's sods law when I need something simple, cheap and right now that your website will have 10 that will do, with only one of them in stock at my branch and it's a pain figuring out what is in stock.

As far as I can see at the moment the only way to check is to go to a category or search for something, then click in, see it's collect next day, go back, and so on and so forth.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

If ya think SF's site's search facility is ****, ya wanna try B&Q's. Even a simple search for stock items , throws up totally unrelated products. Or you get the ubiquitous "Is this what you were looking for?" Or "Items related to your search" Yeah like I want to search B&Q online for bath taps and they show me results for kitchen taps as well.

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I like that idea:
    It would be useful if it showed the products stock status too, such as how many in stock or if it is next day. Clicking on the product to find out it's next day when you need it now is a pain in the backside.
    Another useful feature would be a 'Frequently purchased items' list. I use the 'saved list' feature to save everything I buy often, such as sealants and cable ties. If you could search your own lists that would be even better.