Adhesive recommendations

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by proby, Nov 15, 2015.

1. proby

proby Active Member

will be tiling the bathroom (shower room) soon any recommendations on tile cement. It's hardibacker in the shower and the rest is skimmed plasterboard tiles are 300x600 about 2.5 kilos each.

2. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

What tiles are you using as in material?? But normally I like pre mixed BAL Greenstar

3. proby

proby Active Member

Thanks DNR on the box it says dry pressed ceramic. First time I've used hardibacker do you seal them as you would plaster, I have read that you don't need to seal plaster if using tub adhesive but for the sake of a couple of quid if it's best I'd rather do it.

4. DNR Plumbing

Are you tanking the shower area I would it really is worth it and I don't bother with primer or sealer anywhere else but do always tank showers out and use top quality grout and good sealants you can buy grout with antibacterial in it so doesn't go mouldy as you can now with sealants and it's worth the extra few quid, also look at CT1 for sealing it's brilliant stuff

5. proby

proby Active Member

No I wasn't going to tank it, haven't done in the past when I've put the shower in and all seems to have been ok it's a stone cast shower tray not a wet room by the way. Would the bal green star hold that weight ok.

6. DNR Plumbing

For the cost of a tanking kit I really would and yes it will no problem