Advice Please

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sistasmith, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Potterton Kingfisher 2 RS50B

I only have hot water when the heating is on, also not water coming out of bathroom rad when I try to bleed it, I pretty sure this is a simple fix, and need the assistance of you experts to pinpoint whats going wrong ??

Thank U in advance

2. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Come on guys 36 views and no experts ??

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

hello sista, I'm an expert but not a medium, there could be several reasons for your problem but no one can fix it uinless we call to your house and do some tests, simple fix or not,
    first test is look at the differential valve ( whats that) i see you ask, well in there is a plunger that gets exited when you tickle it, that in turn hits a microswitch,whichs activates a squence of events that lights your burner,but it goes through sensors and a pcb ,seeing as the hesating is running rules out the fan,abs,gasvalve and pump,
    thats all I can tell ya,

4. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Hi tom
    there is no differential valve on this system, don't worry I know what u mean, im very well read on this system, 2 weeks solid now lol. it is one of the most basic systems, so far it seems to be pointing towards an air problem, just need it confirming, Thanks Tom :)

5. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Do you have water in your F&E tank in the loft, and does it drop when you bleed a radiator? If no water in tank wiggle the ball valve, if it doesn't drop then you have a blocked cold feed.
    Next question do you have a gravity system or is there a motorised valve on the system

6. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

In the loft there are 2 tanks, I have tried moving the ballcock in the big tank and no water enters the tank, I have tried bleeding the first radiator upstairs and no water when I do that either, it is a gravity feed system, thanks dave

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ah,,,so sorry i was thinking combi <<< blush>>> its looking like a blocked feed to the tanks then, what happens if you move the ballcock in the small tank ?

sistasmith likes this.
  8. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Hi tom - I didn't try the ballcock in the small tank, but im going to get back up the loft tomorrow and I shall see what it does.

9. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Update - Just been back up the loft and there is only about 2 inches of water in the smaller tank and the ballcock is not moving freely, so im going to replace that tomorrow.

10. Coffee all over the PC's screen... :oops:

sistasmith likes this.
  11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

whoe girl, if both valves are not working its likely to be a blockage in the isolation valve/tap going up to the attic, undo the outlet side and check,

Mr Devs, sorry you should have said you were drinking at the time, :(

12. sistasmith

sistasmith New Member

Thanks Tom :)