Alarm help needed!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Richard Hutchison, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Richard Hutchison

Richard Hutchison New Member

Hi all. Need a bit of advice re a Challenger 7 alarm panel. Fitted a new PIR replacing an old one but now system won't arm. Replaced new PIR but same problem. Have replaced battery but no good. Have manuals online but going round in circles. I don't think there's anything broken but that it's a panel reset issue. Ta.

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Is there a makers tech line you can contact for help? I fitted a Texecom system in my place a couple of years ago and although I've had a lifetime in the electrical and electronics world I've had to phone them for help on several occasions! It's usually been just a matter of pressing buttons in a certain sequence, sometimes pressing twice!

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's a easy panel to reset compared to some.

4. Working On It

Working On It Member

Is the tamper showing as a fault on the panel? remove the PIR from the panel by linking out the zone and the tamper, if it still doesn't set then you have a fault elsewhere and not with that zone.

WOI

5. Richard Hutchison

Thanks for that. I think the panel was made by a company called Lynteck. I'll try them.

6. Richard Hutchison

Thanks. How would you do that? Have tried but failed.

7. Richard Hutchison

Thanks. Took that PIR out but still would not set.

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You need to tell us what the panel is doing, is it showing tamper, or zone fault

9. Richard Hutchison

Thanks to all for your help. The guy at Lynnteck was a star and talked me through a load of possibilities. In the end it was a plain old factory reset needed. Up and working as before. Happy days!

seneca likes this.