Alarm help

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Jennifer Main, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

I have moved into a house with a eurosec CP8L alarm and want re reset the time date and code, but the manual says enter a valid used code, what does that mean, also the sybols on the right hand side, what do they mean, I can't find the sybols anywhere in the manual . can anyone help a confused pensioner ?

2. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

The user code is the code you use to arm or disarm the system,try that code first otherwise it may be an engineers code you need,the manual should explain the symbols.

3. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

I have been all through the manual and no symbols are mentioned, I have rung the help line but the number is no longer available ,

4. philthespark

what area are you in and I'll try and get you a number?

5. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

Live in Langho, just found the installers number and have left a message , so fingers crossed

6. philthespark

If you struggle drop me a pm and i'll see what i can do for you,all the best.

7. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

Thanks Jenny

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Engineer code is usually 1234 (factory default) with most alarms & seldom is it changed.:rolleyes:

9. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

I've tried 1234 and the default 5678 and also the previous occupants code. waiting for installer chap to ring me back as I am getting no where. what user level 1 2 and 3 is I haven't got clue. Thanks anyway

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

You could use a hammer to change the code. Permanently! lol (Don't!)

11. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

If teh call to the installer does not solve it then call RISCO who sell the Eurosec brand: 0161 655 5500

12. Jennifer Main

Jennifer Main New Member

Thank you very much for contact number, will try ringing

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Let us know if you get through and are successful.

Can I also suggest that as it sounds as though you are new to the property you get the installation company, or another Risco/EuroSec installer to come and do a full service and checks including a battery replacement and ask them to remove ALL previous user codes and set up new ones for you and your family, that way anyone who had access previously will be locked out and that may include some hidden/unknown users.

Decide on your codes first and then try them all and hour or so apart with a set/unset using the working codes in between - if all fail you have a unique set, if one works it is already there and you should select another.

KIAB likes this.
  14. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I want to disable my alarm! We dont use it. Texecom unit. Leave it in situ though

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Remove the battery in contol unit & external sounder unit, disconnect from mains & isolate or pull fuse from fcu.

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Someone told me that sometimes the battery can be hard wired into the circuit board!

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Usually a 12v 3Ah-7Ah lead acid jobbie on a lot of alarms.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  18. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Yep kools it's usually just a case of pulling the crimps off the battery tabs. Never come across an alarm with a hard wired battery. Many control units have a tamper switch integrated to the case so don't be surprised if the alarm goes off when you open the cover.

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

All i want to do is disable it. Nowt else.