allahu akbar

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Sep 12, 2015.

1. http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sque-mecca-haj-pilgrimage?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

The 'rony doesn't even begin at this tragic event.

(Sorry - satire forces me to say this event was also tragic before the crane fell...)

Just wait for the thanks to gawd for saving this person and that one - especially if some poor soul is pulled out of the rubble in a day or so against the odds.

What a miracle.

I doubt there will be questions from muslims asking why this happened in the first place.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Could have been a lot, lot worse, if it had coincided with annual mecca pilgrimage later this month.

3. Allah be praised for not filling the mosque to capacity, then.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Looking at this photo,I would have expected it to be one of Wollf luffing jib cranes to be involved in the accident.
    But, it was one Liebherr lattice crawler crane was involved, which tipped over backwards.:confused::eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. How many cranes?!

Anyways, the instant I heard of this terrible incident I guessed it was a Liebherr Lattice LG 1750 crawler.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

About 40 or 50 Wollf luffing jib cranes, plus a few tower cranes.

7. I bet people flock around you in the pub... :p

(Och, I would... :) )

KIAB likes this.
  8. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

They will have to stop the Bingo.:)

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. Wow! I bet that's amazing info!

One day I might click on the links.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:(

It is, purely from the engineering aspect.

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Don't worry Kiab. I'm not as knowledgable as you, but I like the engineering aspect of cranes too. I've never sussed how they erect those giant tower cranes. :)

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I wonder if it was an "Act of God" ?

14. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

15. Para! :D

I'm yanking yer chain KIAB. I love all things structural and mechanical too.

If we met in t'pub, I'd hang on your every word, whilst gazing into your deep blue e...

Cough. Cold shower needed... :oops:

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Meccano:) :)I was given lots, & lots of the old meccano from 20's,30's & 40's,due to personal problems ended up selling it, have alway regreted doing so, old meccano isn't a patch on the modern junk.
    Still have a few bound meccano annuals from 1928 to 1936.

17. malkie129

Brill weren't it Meccano? Square nuts & 4(?) BA slotted brass screws. I loved mine. Maybe that's why I went into engineering. :)

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Old meccano was brilliant, so many sets like the Mechanisms set, Pulleys & Gears set, & the parts were very well made.
    There was almost nothing you couldn't build with it.

[​IMG]

And remember 'Bayko'

[​IMG]

upload_2015-9-13_18-26-50.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  19. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

It's why most 'older' chaps can manage to change a car wheel, a tap washer or a 13 amp plug while anyone born after 1980 will most likely need to phone their Dad to do it for them.

I blame that modular plastic LEGGO kak to be honest.

20. malkie129

I remember bayco,but never had one. you're dead right Para, but i never had lego either :(