Am I Being Ripped Off?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by papafett, Aug 13, 2014.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

How much of a discount has he given you ? (for the extremely expensive update ?? to the consumer unit, which didn't actually need updating) ;);)

2. Good call, papafett. Sometimes - almost always - it's an honourable thing to compromise, even if only one of you knows that's what's actually happening.

I cannot comment on whether you've been 'done' by this fellow by even a small amount, 'cos I just don't have all the facts. However, you are clearly looking at the bigger picture and have arrived at a compromise figure that you are happy to accept. So extra bully points to you :).

Good chance the sparky knows he's had a close shave too, so he's probably thanking his lucky stars he didn't have a pedantically-bolshie customer who would have tuned the whole matter into an unpleasant issue over a few more squid.

In the overall scheme of things, all is good. Put it behind you as an interesting experience you have handled well.

Good on you, and Happy New Refurb :D.

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select