amendment 3 electrical installation certificate

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sams, May 21, 2015.

1. sams

sams Member

whats the score with the new certificate ?

Do all the checks listed on the certificate have to be carried out or just whats appropriate to the work been carried out ?

For example if installing a new socket circuit do you have to check all down light connections or is it permissible to put a N/A in the down light tick box ?

2. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I've not seen a new style one yet, can anyone link to a download or image of one. Even the IEE site only has the ammendment 1 forms. I use the open office ones and they have changed the PIR ones but not the installation ones.

3. peter palmer

Scratch that I've just had a play with the elecsa online forms, all I can say is WTF.

4. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

See if this helps.

Kind regards

Welshdragon1 and FatHands like this.
  5. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

An EIC, still only covers the work you have conducted.
    So there is no need for you to inspect and test existing circuits.
    Either use N/A, or don't use pages which don't apply.

6. sams

sams Member

the new electrical installation certificates now use almost identical schedule of inspection to the electrical condition report ones

7. sams

sams Member

according to this you have to check all on the check sheet ?

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

new electrical installation certificates

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Not so sure I'm 100% with some of that guys lecture. A lot of what he says wouldn't stand up in law.

11. peter palmer

I think I'll carry on using the older ones, I didn't go self employed so somebody could tell me what to do.

12. sams

sams Member

so basically what there trying to say is if you go do work you also have to do a FREE electrical inspection and put it all on the electrical installation certificate

13. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

It looks like it, unless others, can advise otherwise ;)

14. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

No we don't have to carry out a free inspection.
    We are still required to assess an installation before we make any alteration or addition.
    We have to check that the existing equipment is suitable for any extra load, and that the existing earthing and bonding is adequate for whichever protective measures we intend to employ.

Once we have conducted the work and before we put into service, we are required to inspect and conduct any relevant tests to ensure the work satisfies the requirements of the Regulations.
    We are required to rectify any faults with our work before issuing the relevant Certification.

We are still prohibited from using an EIC when conducting a periodic inspection or Electrical Condition Report.

If people want to use an EIC to inspect and test existing installations, then that's their choice.