any pension boffin' on here,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, May 2, 2015.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

with the new changes made on pension laws i'm getting lots of cold calls from leeches trying to jump on a pension I paid into 40 years ago ( lord knows how they found me), anyrode they are all keen to 'advice' me the best way to claim the whole of the pension and reinvest with a company they have a finger in the pie of,

reet, so i'm thinking why don't i just claim the pension myself, why do i need these blood suckers to help me get the money I paid, so i wrote the pension company a letter claiming the pension and guess what, They don't speak English, well not the sort i understand, 4 A4 sheets of gobblegook mentioning made up terms like, ative Voluntary contributions,Defined contributions,statement of deferred benefits then going on about contracting out and serps,Jeeeeez, does no one in the firm speak Wigan and can explain things in simple terms, I know its done purposely cos they don't want me to claim my money easily, So it looks like I'll need the help of my accountant ( another bloodsucking penpushing desk jockey) to get it,Grrrrrrrrrr, :mad:

2. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever easy Tom, although it should be..:(

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hey tom, i can only suggest speaking with an independant blood sucker for finacial advice like that. it is supposed to be heavily regulated now to stop people on horses mis-guiding folk. best of luck with it pal

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Yup why is it the only ones that seem to have no trouble with pensions, benefits etc are those thieving b******s you see in TV crime documentaries?

5. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Tom I was an accountant in the building trade.
    Just know what I read in the papers as I am not up to-date and it all bored the excrement out me as I wanted to be an electrician. My advice is don't cash in your pension unless you are up to your eyeballs or even testicles in debt. Apart from fees I understand that you would have to pay income tax on it.
    Unless you really must buy a Ferrari leave your pensions as they are and you should be able to buy a few cans to enjoy in your shed. By all means draw the 25% tax free lump sums if you have undrawn pensions.
    IMHO it is the worst possible pension legislation ever and it is just to get the leeches some more dibs.
    I won't be political!
    All the Best
    Paul

FatHands likes this.
  6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just had a google around, i searched 'pension advice Wigan' , had a mooch about looking for some free advice/information but found nowt, ten minutes later i've got a call from a adviser saying he's heard I'm looking for pension advise ( how the fluff he got my number is totally baffling as i did't give it out) anyhooo, he's very kindley offered to come to my house and give advice at the very reasonable rate of £500, :eek: the pots only £2,700 less tax, cheeky twallop, guess what i said, :confused:

FatHands and Plumberbish like this.
  7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

thanks Paul. but as i've put above its only worth £2700, It was a pension i paid while before i became self employed, i only paid in for 4 years, when i went S/E I could't afford a private pension so I cheated the pension leeches out of their robbings and now they seek revenge ,

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Think you should have been offered it back minus tax when you reached 50 as it's not enough to buy a decent pension!

9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

It might interest you today that I received a P60 from Standard Life for my smallest pension.( It is so small as not to be confidential.) It is for £9.18 gross per year less tax of £1.80 ! It has turned out to be quite good in fact as I was only in the scheme for one month and due to a takeover I have a few hundred pounds of shares and recently received a much larger dividend as they had sold their Canadian business. So my advice is usually hang on to what you have got because you never know what will happen in the future. This isn't meant to decry your advice which is too late for Tom I believe.

FatHands likes this.