Bath help

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Paul Atkinson, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Paul Atkinson

Paul Atkinson New Member

I've had a bath fitted and I've fitted the bath into the wall and now the bath wobbles Coz there's nothing for the screws to fit into can I use expanding foam to secure it to wall so it doesn't wobble anymore

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Bath needs a good bead of silicon between the top edge and the wall. If it's wobbling, then check the feet are adjusted properly and screwed to the floor. I usually screw a piece of timber across and under the feet first :)

3. Paul Atkinson

Paul Atkinson New Member

It is all.screwed down it Coz there is nothing for the screws 2 screw in 2 it's been bedded into the wall ready for tiles to go on

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

If the feet are adjusted and screwed to the floor and the bath edges have been bedded onto wall with plenty of silicon and it's still moving, have you used any 'L' shaped brackets that may have come with the bath

Not sure what you mean when you say there's nothing for the screws to screw into ?

Usually some timber baton set into bath during manufactur for securing brackets

I'm diy so only fitted 2 or 3 baths but I always baton the wall as well and the bath sits on these timbers, again with L brackets and plenty of sili - it won't move

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

As Dave said, are there any L brackets? I always trial fit a bath first and make sure walls drilled and plugged and feet adjusted before I silicon it in. You can usually move the brackets to a solid part of the wall. Sometimes you need a bit of ingenuity.