Bathroom lights, paperwork???

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by ZeZs, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ZeZs

ZeZs New Member

Recently got into a debate with another sparky! He claims that if you do a job in a
    special location, in this case a bathroom, you should test every circuit in the consumer unit
    and issue a full Schedule of Test Results certificate.

Personally i would and do just submit a minor works cert. Unless i have created a new cicuit...
    obviously.

I think he is talking nonsense....he is...isnt he?

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Yes he certainly is!

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

is he winding you up, or does he genuinely believe this?

4. ZeZs

ZeZs New Member

Thank you, i was just looking for confirmation. The bloke who said this was SO sure he was doing the right thing and i was cutting corners...
    thanks seneca.

5. ZeZs

ZeZs New Member

Im starting to think he was winding me up?

6. FatHands

ask him where he is getting this information from and see what he says.

7. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Probably the new style certs which lists things to check in the entire house. Thing is though if you fit some downlights in a bathroom ceiling or a fan then odds on its not in the special location part anyway.

Even if the regs told you to, I won't be testing a whole house just for a simple job.

8. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Same here Peter.

9. FatHands

it seems crazy that someone needs to check the whole installation when only completing a job which is part of one aspect. if the whole installation needs checking a eicr should be carried (and paid for) out!

10. ZeZs

ZeZs New Member

Thanks gentlemen, my thoughts echoed in your comments. All doubts gone. Kindest regards!

11. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Tell the go-getter to stop making work for himself

12. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

doesn't it actually state in the EIC notes, that an EIC is not to be used for inspecting existing installations?