Bathroom paint????

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Jellies, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Jellies

Jellies New Member

Please could someone recommend a bathroom paint, Matt White, that I can buy from Screwfix. My hubby went to B&Q, the only one he could find was Dulux soft sheen, and the reviews were shocking, stating it is just like a glaze and basically rubbish.

I don't want a glossy one, and the internet seem to suggest that bathroom pants are a waste of time.

Should I be looking for something specific?
    Such as a vinyl matt?

Thank you.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

3. Jellies

Jellies New Member

The B&Q in our town have phased out Crown Bathroom and Kitchen. As that what I sent him for, as it's on their site. But it cannot be ordered to store either. Hence why I am asking for advice on screwfix paints.

Thanks though.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Paint that is recommended for areas of high humidity and steam is an eggshell finish, go for the acrylic rather than an oil/solvent version.

5. Jellies

Jellies New Member

Thank you very much, much appreciated.

6. Eggshell or satin on the walls?

...shudder...

7. Jellies

Jellies New Member

?? I would prefer Matt. Why do you 'shudder'....? What would your advice be please?

8. I'm chust being cheeky... :oops:

But, like you, I don't like shiny on walls.

There MUST be some very good kitchen/bathroom MATT paints out there - there must be.

9. Jellies

Jellies New Member

I was hoping so, but lots say soft sheen and when I read the reviews they say shiny!