Bathroom Paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by MalcyB, Jul 10, 2015.

1. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

HI All.
    I don't know if you'll be able to help but here goes. I'm asking on behalf of my son.
    My son, a painter & decorator. Emulsioned a customers bathroom the other week. The original paint was from B&Q, "Dulux kitchen & bathroom paint Fresh Aqua colour".
    The lady wanted the same colour so he got "Dulux trade soft sheen" in the same colour from the Dulux decorator centre recomended by them.
    Everthing was fine for a week, then he got a text asking if he had used the correct paint as the walls were running in condensation and she was having to wipe the walls dry.
    That's where I came in, I thought that the extractor fan had stopped working, but that's not the case, she even had the window open. The thing is, this condensation problem didn't happen until he painted it new. She mentioned what it says on the soft sheen tin that if there is a bad condensation problem then "Dulux diamond" should be used. But as far as I am concerened she will still get condensation!
    Question is why would she have not had this problem with the old paint?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Your problem is the soft sheen finish you should have purchased an eggshell finish, Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell is what you require to overcome the condensation problem...................no if's or but's.....eggshell finish.

Eggshell paint is resistant to condensation in area's of high humidity, steam etc.

Gatt likes this.