Battle

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, May 14, 2016.

1. Uh-huh. I thought so. (That was idle by even your standards.)

(I notice Longs is still claiming that Cameron mentioned WW3. Man, 'Leave' is sooo good at putting non-existent words into other people's mouths. And their flock of sheep go "BAAAAAAAAAAA...")

2. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

Well we are entitled to our own opinions and that is mine based on what I see happening all around me, Not just by listening and reading the news.
    And for you to say the world us becoming a better place, I would love to know which world you live in as all I see is corruption, murders, and man made problems. I love having to explain to my 2 young kids why these things are happening all around the world.

3. seen it all before

Why do you think that trump becoming president is a real possibility? Because people are tired and fed up of so called people's politicians and leaders promising the world and failing to deliver anything.
    So the masses are now prepared to take a gamble on an egotistical maniac as they feel there is no other alternative.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The government spent £9 million of taxpayers money sending propaganda leaflets to every house hold in the land. Every week you have officials being wheeled out to read out pre prepared propaganda.
    The very fact that the cameron government has embarked on the propaganda route leaves them open to be totally mistrusted.

5. Of course large parts of the world are like a cesspit of hate and violence (almost all with religion at its core, of course) but I am talking about the West.

I do hope you tell your two young kids (as I tell my two teenage-aged 'uns) that our country is better than it's ever been - they wouldn't have wanted to have been born at a different time (however much some nostalgic peeps would like to think otherwise).

I hope you tell your children the truth - violence is at an all-time low. Murders are increasingly rare. We live is a safer and more decent society now than we've ever done.

And, to be political again, that is why I consider the EU to be so important; we share these exact values with our closest neighbours, making the EU a beacon of decency that the rest of the world reach out for.

Please don't forget that even in the worst parts of the world, where unimaginable crimes are being committed, there are mostly honest and decent families there with young children, just like yours and mine. And they look to the West and hope.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

What complete nonsense.
    Whats at the core of those countries problems is "poverty".

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Take a look at how the eu's CAP makes life hell for poorer developing countries for a start.

8. Why is it happening? Because a large tract of the population are, sadly, not as bright as they think they are.

Trump's campaign is based on lies and ridiculous claims of what he's gonna do. You must see that, SIAB? Surely. I mean, you don't believe the guy, do you?

You don't think he comes across as an honourable person, do you?

But many people do.

They want to lash out at someone for their own failings - they reckon that they somehow deserve more - and that it's the 'establishment' or other people who are 'different' from them who are causing their loss.

Kick the establishment and throw out the 'others' and all will instantly be 'great'.

These people are morons.

9. Wow - great answer Wry.

I can see that, to a blithering idiot, you probably think you have given a solid reply to my OP...

But, yes, I agree - the leaflet was misjudged and a waste of money.

But it was not 'lies'. Pathetic? Yes. Untrue? No.

Largely 'opinions', right enough. But no lies.

Unlike the 'battlebus'...

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Good for you, da.
    Single out one tiny irrelevant phrase to try and discredit everything else.
    I shouldn't be surprised tho, these kinds of tactics are a mark of someone with little substance or conviction to back up their debate.

Cameron's 'war engulfing Europe without the UK being a member of the EU' speech.

Or WW3, to put it another way.

11. Cheeesus. Irony, meet Longs. Longs, irony. :D:eek::D

One tiny irrelevant phrase, Longs? Really?

Not 'irrelevant' to Boris, who clearly chose it very carefully because he knew his flock would graze on it and repeat it without thinking.

As, indeed, they have.

12. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yes... kick out the over paid brussels beurocrats
    Your OP is joke. And any "blithering idiot" could see that.

13. seen it all before

I don't belive a word he says nor would I even consider voting for him. But as I say these other people see no alternative, for whatever reason only they can answer.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  14. Wry has chust joined Longs and Irony in a sordid threesome :)

15. I'm sure you don't SIAB and I'm sure you wouldn't.

It is a mystery why so many people would, tho'. A frightening mystery. I mean, the guy is so obviously phony. So clearly repellent. His comments have been analysed and over 70% of them shown to be partly or completely untrue.

He just says what he wants. And the more outrageous they are, the stronger his followers stand by him.

Genuine parallels here with the Leave campaign.

seen it all before likes this.
  16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Tee hee.. you sir, are one misinformed individual.
    He's actually totally genuine. Puts pc carp where it belongs. In the garbage bin.
    Unlike your friends in brussels.

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

If taken as a stand alone statement, I'm aware of the irony, da, but in the context of this thread and its big brother, its hardly ironic.

I wasn't aware of Boris using the term tbh.
    I did however listen to Cameron speech on the radio and although he didn't use the exact phrase, it was clearly what he was implying.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  18. By all accounts, Cameron did over-egg the peace pudding somewhat, but all he really suggested was that the EU has 'helped' maintain peace. Which it probably/possibly has - although it's largely down to NATO.

It's very unfair, tho' - if he slightly paints a darker picture, he's mauled for it. Boris, on the other hand, is let off with telling blatant untruths.

It's really uncomfortable this new type of politics - the Trump and Boris show. As long as you make yourself a bit of a caricature of a 'real' politician, people chortle and let you off with saying almost anything.

You know these silly stories that used to appear now and then about the EU - how Brussels was planning to control the shape of our tomatoes and stuff like that? A number of these were penned by our Boris himself as the then EU correspondent for the Times newspaper. He would do this not only to amuse himself, but to show his colleagues how he could control what turned up in the newspapers - affecting popular opinion on these issues.

The Times finally sacked him for this...

These discussions on the EU are not on a level playing field. But it's not sloped the way Wry likes to pretend.

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I don't pretend anything. I just post as I see it.
    You have the cameron propaganda machine on one side pouring millions into the campaign and a few rebels on the other.
    I chust back the rebels.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I agree. Its time the leave side had millions of ££££'s pumped into its campaign.
    And high profile business leaders wheeled out to the press conferences to drive home their message.