Baxi Solo 2 30pf starts

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ian Lynas, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Ian Lynas

Ian Lynas New Member

Hi,
    Please could you assist me.My baxi solo boiler starts up and runs for around 2-4 mins.Then the system starts rumbling and making a banging noise. The overheat light then comes on.
    I have drained the system and bled the radiators.No fix.

The system is a microboro system with a megaclean filter fitted.The water in the filter is clean.

Please can someone assist.

Thanks

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Could be the pump at fault. I have the same boiler, it has a pump over run for about 5 mins. If you put the heating on, then switch it off does the banging still occur. i.e. switch it off at the FCU not the programmer to bypass the overrun.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Actually mine is the 2 50 PF.

4. Ian Lynas

Ian Lynas New Member

Hi,
    I ran the system and then switched it off at the boiler thermosat knob.The pump still ran.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

when the boiler starts and banging begins, can you locate the pump and identify the flow direction and feel the pipework past the pump - does it get warm?

Does the banging continue after the boiler is switched off and for how long?

Does the system have a programmer fitted.

6. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Its your pump more than likely, either seized or air locked, with the system running unscrew the silver plug in the middle and turn the impeller if it wont move or is very stiff new pump needed.

Jitender likes this.
  7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Tried running my boiler yesterday after no activity since February. So I have the same problem.I think the pilot light may have gone out. will try it out in wkd as its cold now plus it would be good to have some hot water.

Devs and Palava helped me fix it 2 years ago.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Got it working now, undone the bleed screw and turned the impellor with a screwdriver - heat at last.

9. Ian Lynas

Ian Lynas New Member

Hi,
    Ok i have replaced the pump.I am still having the same issue.
    Anymore ideas anyone.
    Before shutting down it sounds if the boiler is straved off water.

10. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Do you have water in your F&E tank in the loft

11. Ian Lynas

Ian Lynas New Member

I can confirm that we have water in the F&E tank.
    Thanks