BBC Pay

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Jul 20, 2017.

1. facilities

facilities Guest

Anyone any views on this BBC malarky and the pay their people are on? overall I would say good luck to them, yes I know it's our money they are taking but is there anyone on here who would refuse it ?

Also apparently the woman are on less than the men, as a subplot the good looking birds are on more than the ugly ones I don't have a problem with this either, much sooner look at nice looking one than tother :)

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No, doesn't bother me, got no views this way or that .........................until it comes to talking about the GINGER WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Joe95, KIAB and facilities like this.
  3. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

I do find it hilarious when they talk about the cost of "talent".

What talents does Andrew Marr exhibit?
    Laura Kuensberg????

200k for Laura Kuensberg????
    What the literal fugen?

4. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Personally, I find it both disgusting and outrageous. I mean, what do they think they are? Plumbers???

RaYBoY, btiw2 and gadget man like this.
  5. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Pay could be proportional to the numbers of viewers and listeners that are pulled by the programmes in which they "star". The salaries being mentioned are far too high.
    The BBC has massive revenue so it pays highly to stop talent going to ITV. I'd like to see the government reduce the license fee instead of the BBC being overfunded

RaYBoY likes this.

6. Its a capitalist competitive environment.

I dont understand why any capitalists see any issues.

Personally I would prefer more programmes and less celebrities. Would reduce the market place considerably, and therefore the pay.

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Well that's certainly a novel angle.

8. RaYBoY

RaYBoY New Member

I think woman should be on the same money, and ALL could do with a pay cut. This way I could pay less on my TV licence.

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

EDIT: This way we could pay less for our TV licence.................highly unlikely though!:rolleyes:

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I think it's right that talent is paid more(but not as much). I mean, you can understand why Ant & Dec are paid what they are paid(ITV) even Chris Evans(I personally can't stand him) has a talent that others don't.
    Seriously, why would you pay Claudia Winkleman(for example) the same as Chris Evans?
    Different talents completely.
    These women complaining should keep schtum or they may be superceded by better talent that deserves more dosh.
    If they had the talent, they would be paid to stay.

11. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I'd like to see the BBC have its revenue cut drastically and possibly to the same level as ITV. Granted there are some really good programmes on BBC but not because its staff are overpaid.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Just think of the quality programmes they could make if they spent the money on programmes rather than spending the money on it's supposed stars though?

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What proportion of these 'highly disputed' salleries are paid by the commercial arm of the BBC?
    Is there any disparity reflected here?

What about, Attenborough, he surely rises above the £150k threshold, why is his name not on the list?

People are paid, what they are paid, who cares?

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Are these salaries (now in the public domain) really "highly disputed?
    Of course there's disparity between the women and the men presenters? (when was the last time you seen the ginger whinger on yer screen?, yet he's paid considerably more than TV presenters we see almost every day)
    Perhaps Attenborough is managing nicely on his pension and doesn't want the BBC to pay him too much?
    ;);););););););)

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Anyone paid by an independant production company, about 30% of the BBC's output, isn't included in these figures.

16. Only the taxpayer minds or should mind?

But it is capitalism at its very best isnt it