Best adhesive for porcelain tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Jay459, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Im about to order these tiles, my tiler who has quoted me £10 per sq m for fitting, I feel is very reasonable and he is the best about told me to get the adhesive and grout myself and to make sure it is quality.

These are the tiles...

http://www.tilemountain.co.uk/catal...lacatta-white-italian-porcelain/category/247/

Ive also read a few threads he where ardex x7 adhesive and nicobond super white grout stands out but I've also emailed tile mountain and they recommend keraquick white adhesive(10 bags) and Ultracolor Manhattan Grout (Light Grey) - 2 bags

2. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

£10 per metre, bloody hell, laying porcelain is usually a hell of a lot more than that.....is he Polish?

3. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

No-one up my way would even fit ceramics that cheap.

4. Jay459

Jay459 Member

I actually was expecting to pay top dollar but hey, I kno ho he is, I've seen the work he has done, it is top quality.

Tile mountain said 10 bags of adhesive, a bag is 20kg, surely it doesn't take 200kg to lay 40m2

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

10 bags seems about right, as long as its suitable for porcelain tiles that's fine, go with the white adhesive. Best to have more. Really depends upon how level the floor or wall is, the manufactures literate mentions each 20kg to lay 5m2 for wall and 8m2 for wall.

6. DaveF

DaveF Active Member

UltraTile ProRapid RS. But also note that it not only depends what tile you are sticking, but what you are sticking them to!! That is a high spec cement but they do higher. Check out their website.
    Fitting is quite expensive not only because it is time consuming, but also the cement is rather expensive, as you will see when you take a look!

7. Jay459

Jay459 Member