Boiler not working or immersion heater?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by scott34, Sep 18, 2017.

1. scott34

scott34 New Member

Hi,
    My boiler was flashing due to a fault it seems, I followed the advice on the front and turned it off waited 5 seconds and turned it back on. You could hear it trying to fire up but just kept wurring. So i switched it off, as thats what it said to do.
    I go to turn my immersion heater on and that is also not working. The fuse hasnt blown and i still have electric going to it. I checked the pressure gauge on the front and it was the correct pressure but has gone down now.

Info: Boiler is a glo worm hxi open vented. Electric still works and thermostat timer which is honeywell is still working.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Are you sure the hot water is not already up to temperature? If it is, and hence not calling to be heated, the immersion element won't come on.

3. scott34

scott34 New Member

I have no hot water or heating. I have left the tap running to see if it heats up but hot tap is cold.

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Sounds like your immersion heater element is kaput then, as well as the boiler :(

5. scott34

scott34 New Member

Yay and its only Monday lol thanks