Boiler Pressure up / down

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by AaronMorgan, May 1, 2016.

1. AaronMorgan

AaronMorgan New Member

We seem to have a odd problem on our boiler
    I recently replaced a rad in our bathroom as the boiler was loosing pressure, After spotting some rust on that rad I replaced it.

We then had the boiler serviced and were advised pressure looked low but was ok.
    Currently the system works fine but drops pressure after the heating has been on (whilst its cooling) then after several hours will slowly increase.

Any ideas? I've googled and search for this issue but not quite found the same type of issue.
    Appreciate any guidance :)

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Doesn't make mush sense to be honest.

Does your boiler work ok (assume a combi?), if it does and you never have to touch it, then tape over the pressure gauge, ignore it and get on with life!

As water in your CH system heats up, it expands and then contracts as it cools, hence the gauge going up and down. Quite why it slowly increases after several hours could be several things, filling loop slightly open, a leak in the secondary h/x (hope not).

If you are having to top up the boiler or something to keep it going then we will need some more info starting with the boiler type, type of heating system you have etc etc.

But not tonight - it is a bank hol :)

3. As GiF says. More info please.

And are you saying that the boiler pressure increases when it's off? Cold?