Bosch dishwasher drain hose doesn't fit waste pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by reck, Nov 18, 2014.

1. reck

reck New Member

Hello,

Just bought a second-hand Bosch dishwasher and i'm having a problem connecting the drain hose from the dishwasher onto the waste pipe spigot. The drain hose diameter seems to be too small and around the same size as the spigot itself, as aresult i'm only able to push it down around .5 cm before it pops off.

When I took the old dishwasher out the drain hose went right down right to the end so it almost seems like Bosch are using some kind of non-standard size drain hose.

I'm attempting to fit the drain hose onto one of these - http://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-connector/48625# which just seems like a normal pipe spigot. I've attempted to find one with a narrower end but no luck.

I don't understand why the hose from this dishwasher is different from my old one, aren't these supposed to be standard?

Any idea how I can easily fix this problem?

Thanks for any help

2. ganoseka

ganoseka New Member

3. reck

reck New Member

Hi, someone else told me this as well ganoseka so I called up Bosch to find out and get a part number for this rubber hose. When I got through to them they denied that you need an extra part and that their hoses are standard size and will fit standard waste pipes with no additional bits needed!

Are they just outright lying about this? I've taken a look at their parts section and nothing is listed, you'd think that if this was a requirement to fitting the dishwasher they'd be available to purchase.

Why would Bosch sell dishwashers that require this daft bit of rubber instead of just making a hose that fits?

Appreciate the reply Goose. Also £18 flippin quid for a hose and a couple of clips!

4. ganoseka

ganoseka New Member

Don't think Bosch ever sold the connecting hose a a spare, But call in to a car spares shop maybe get a short length of heater hose and a couple of jubilee clips.

5. reck

reck New Member

6. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Reck,

Does your hose have any kind of rubber end on it? Or is it just the Grey plastic corrugated hose?

If it is just the plastic hose then that part that you put a link up to, will do the job!!!!!

I imagine that your hose may well have had a Grey rubber end on it originally, and the previous owner may have cut it off........!!!!!!!

Snezza.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

8. reck

reck New Member

Snezza my hose looks exactly like the one in the Amazon link posted above - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Dishwasher-Drain-Outlet-Adaptor/dp/B00INWN8QA so will hopefully fit ok.

I suppose it's possible they may have cut it off, but why? Also after a bit of research i've found a few posts now that mention this "connection kit" so it does make me think that these dishwashers need it. But why did Bosch just deny it, when I called up I only wanted the correct part but their response was it doesn't need any sort of adapter and will fit on any standard waste pipe.

Jitender thanks for taking a look, i've put in an order for one.

9. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    me thinks the previous owner had a stand pipe waste fitting!
    regards
    peter

10. reck

reck New Member

Good point Peter, that's most likely the answer.

The Bosch connection kit has arrived and I installed it last night, seems to do the job and the dishwasher is up and running now.

Still think it's pretty poor of Bosch to be selling dishwashers where the drain hose doesn't fit on a standard waste Spigot, despite them saying otherwise.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Maybe if it was new and you had the instructions, it may have said, "If using in a stand-pipe, please cut off the connector."

Mr. HandyAndy - Really