Bosch GOF 2000 CE Professional Router Review

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Hudson's Joinery, Apr 13, 2014.

1. GOF 2000 CE Professional Router when I first ordered this I was expecting a quality and powerful tool
    when it arrived I was a bit shocked the handels seamed really flimsy and not that cleaver and overall a bit heavey 6.0Kg the main use of the router is for machining kitchen worktop manly Corian and Earthstone.

[​IMG]
    The first time I used the router on a job was a disaster I did feel like smashing it up I was using a UNKIA SuperPlus Jig which is 12mm thick and the standard 30mm bush that is sent out with the router which sticks out from the base of the router by 16.3mm so it hit the front edge of the worktop and was stuck looking a prat on site

[​IMG]
    I then desided to just go and get the bush cut down to 10mm I can not understand for bosch making the bush this length as even the Trend Jigs are 16mm thick so which are you meant to use??

Happy to say but its all in the past and sins been a joy to use makes light work of any worktop that I have mitred or cut with its 2000 Watt motor and Constant Electronic function it has a smooth plunge and is really precise and love the plunge release lever with free plunge action

Blade change is simple and so is the SDS Bush system

Bought the 374 L Boxx and inlay to keep the router and hopefully many years of use are in the pipe line

[​IMG]

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

NIce,, but what a hassle for kitchen fitters,, having to have the guide bush cut down so it doesn't protrude below the worktop jig. Seems like someone at Bosch has dropped the proverbial testicle.. (btw, in your photo, the guide bush isn't sticking out by 16.3mm) ( Is it still April Fools Day??) ;);););)

3. From the base of the router not the jig john it stuck out about 5mm on the underside of the jig

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Isn't that what the stop screws are there for - to be adjusted ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. the bush is fixed in place by the sds system and can not be ajusted the bosch rep said he had heard of ppl using window packers under the jig to lift it i don't think so

6. joinerjohn1

Ahh, see what ya mean HJ. The rep is wrong in saying some people use packers to lift the jig. The guide bush should be fit for purpose out of the box. ;););)

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

8. That is the width the standard size for a work top jig is a 30mm bush / guide it's the hight of the bush that it too big

9. If you read a review on there

These guide rings are very big.The shoulder is 13.5mm deep which dictates rather heavy template material be used.
    Trend guide rings are much shallower allowing the use of 6mm mdf as a template.
    Ill just have to hack 7.5mm off them. Awkward job.

Same problem as me

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I see what you mean now, :oops::p

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You could just not buy Bosch tools as they don't appear to be very good.

12. Nice, I want one :)

13. joinerjohn1

WTF does a plasterer want with a router ?? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p Ahh yer gonna fix a mixing paddle to it ,,, ain't ya :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

metrokitchens likes this.