Bosch WDT75 Tumble Dryer No Power

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jay459, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Our tumble dryer has just died, 6 year old bosch machine.

Ive checked the fuse and cleared filters ok. Although i dont think dirty filters would stop it switching on.

Is there any common faults with these machines, im happy to open it up if i know what im looking for or testing

Attached Files:

2. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

If this has a moulded plug its possible one of the wires have either separated from the brass pin or become corroded due to heat damage, it does occur sometimes on older dryers, I would first try and see if the power cable had continuity between the plug and the internal connector inside the dryer, though looking at the video that may be easier said than done.

If you have a multimeter you can watch this video for that dryer and see if you can find anything amiss with the two thermal cutouts and the ntc sensor, how to do this is clearly shown in the video:

https://www.how-to-repair.com/help/...-wta74200gb-not-heating-and-finishing-drying/

3. dray

dray Screwfix Select

4. WH55

WH55 Screwfix Select

If it’s the control unit, it’s reasonably easily replaced and you can buy them on espares. However, they’re not cheap and you begin to wonder whether it’s more efficient to buy a new dryer.

5. Jay459

Jay459 Member

It was just a loose connection in the control panel. Easy fix

dray and WH55 like this.