Brad nailer situation

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Srewdriver, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Srewdriver

Srewdriver New Member

Well, I'm sad to announce that my 5-year-old relationship with my ever reliable Dewalt has officially come to an end :( And it was really a loving relationship :p

Now, I'm in the market for a new nailer, and I have found this Senco, but I don't know much about that brand. So, could anyone tell me something about this brad nailer? Is it a quality tool? I'm looking to spend with it at least half the time I had my Dewalt :p

2. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Not much comparison there Manchester Builder. That Senco the OP 's linked to is only $75 usd (a bit of a toy compared to the Paslode) ;);););)

4. Mblack

Mblack Member

Senco in my experience are solid and reliable I've had a 4" framing gun that also fires in 2 1/2" nails for the floors 16 years, outlived many a paslode with no breakdowns, IMHO quality kit.

5. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Pay peanuts, get monkeys IMO...

6. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

If your only going to spend £40-ish on a brad nailer buy an estwing hammer for the same money. It'll last twice as long.

joinerjon83 likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Senco are fine, I've used loads of them. You can hardly compare a Paslode to a compressed air nailer, they are completely different beasts.

8. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

It wasn't a comparison. I was just "advising" :D