bristan artisan shower mixer - alternative pipe collars?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by number9, Jul 21, 2014.

1. number9

number9 New Member

Hi, My plumber and joiner have not co-operated on my shower enclosure and left a small. niggly problem. The old installation and tiles were remved. The plumber installed the new shower tray and enclosure then the joine installed shower panels. We kept the Bristan Artisan mixer on the wall. This has left more of the pipework protruding and there isn't enough thread for the chrome collars to thread on the shower mixer pipes. The collars are only about 20-22mm deep and I need something about 3-4 mm deeper. Any ideas? Can I obtain different collars ? This is very stressful - a good looking shower install but not quite finished and ready to use. thanks. [​IMG]

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Can the 3-4mm gap between the collar and shower panel not be finished with a neat bead of silicone

Either that or what's the relationship like between the plumber and joiner ?
    If the collars can't actually be fitted, then the install in not complete

These 2 need to speak to each other and sort out the issue so that the install is fully completed and satisfactory
    Not always as easy as I have made it sound, I realise so good luck

3. number9

number9 New Member

Have stacked a pair of collars - plumber had spares. This isn't perfect but works for now. I guess these collars only come supplied with the mixer. There's got to be a market for them. don't chuck 'em out!