BS7671, is this the current edition

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by wally, Jul 31, 2014.

1. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Hi all, I soon get out of touch in 6 months. Sometime soon I need to do a bit of e baying. Green cover, 2008, inc amendment 1, loose leaf amendment 3 draft 2015. Original purchase, not a copy. I believe it is current but would like comfirmation. Many thanks

2. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

Apart from not having the additional section inserted by Amendment 2 it is. Also the draft of Amendment 3 does not form part of the Regulations.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Sell it quick, Wal. New copy (yellow) coming out in New Year.

4. Biochef

Biochef Member

Still got red at £60 it's a sore one mine has got redactions all over the place
    Why did we have to change the words rule of thumb to historically ? Silly stuff :confused:

5. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

I presume that you are referring to the floor area served by a ring final circuit. If that is the case, then the reason for the word "historically" is because there is no requirement that a ring final circuit serve a floor area not exceeding 100 square meters. Earth fault loop impedance and volt drop are the limiting factors.

6. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Thanks for that folks, I better get e baying then

7. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I still have my 16th stuff, 99.9% of it's still relevant and if anything needs a check just consult the relevant "wiring matters".