Building Conservatory, profiles against house?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by realtek, Aug 27, 2015.

1. realtek

realtek Member

I'm in the process of building a conservatory dwarf wall but on one side which is right against the edge of the house will be going up about 2m with a high wall.

I will be investing in some profiles to help for the two outer corners.

My question is, what is usually done along the house to get the line attached to at each course?

I was going to use some timber up the side but since looking its impossible to find any which is straight.

Also because I am going right up to the edge of the house, there is nothing to secure it against so I fixed a bit of timber sticking out the side of the house to fix something else too (ideally a straight bit of timber or something) and I was planning on also fixing at the bottom to my wall at DPC level.

To complicate things the house has pebbledash, I have taken most of this away but its no where near flat still.

Any ideas would be great. Last resort is to not bother and just do a course at a time but will take a long time!

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Use brick pins & two courses at a time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. realtek

realtek Member

lol, cheap and simple... not a bad idea, thanks :) saves messing about

Only thing is i'm using blocks as it will be rendered, so not much of a corner being built given the dimensions. I will just have to go with it and see how I go. Cheers

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Either set them one course at a time, or I tend to set them every second course & use a brick to hold line down when laying first course.

And don't set them to close to the edge of the wall.

5. realtek

realtek Member

Cheers Kiab,

Yeah I've done the same on everything up to dpc with the brick, made life a bit easier. Will probably just continue doing the same. Using a batten/guide is virtually impossible against my house!

Thanks!