Butinox oil based paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by geewhiz14, Aug 2, 2015.

1. geewhiz14

geewhiz14 New Member

help! I've already have experience with using a oil based butinox (Java) paint on the outside wood around my house successfully. I've renewed the paint some 5 years later (with the same paint) & had no bother & the finish was excellent& long lasting. I've recently had a new fence erected & would Appreciate some advice on the paint I should use for the fence (which hasn't been painted) & decking (which is old & has been stained in the past but that stain is almost gone) Should I use a oil based paint for the fence? & the decking I'd love for it to have the same long lasting finish as the butinox oil based paint gave but I'm a bit worried that it might take forever to dry? any advise would be welcome thanks

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Surely the new fencing has been treated with some form of water based treatment.

3. geewhiz14

geewhiz14 New Member

No as far as i know its not been treated at all. It's been up for the year the tradesman who erected it recommended (to allow the wood to dry out) & now it's ready to be painted with its first coat.

4. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

Are you sure it was not tanalized timber, I can't see anyone using untreated softwood timber to make a fence and also saying not to treat it with any thing. Post a picture that will help identify what they have used.