Can Cistern Blocks Damage the Toilet?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by misstee, Nov 27, 2014.

1. misstee

misstee Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if those bloo block things that you put in the cistern to clean freshen blah blah... are likely to damage the working bits inside the cistern?

I've never used them in the past but decided to put one in my new loo but have since wondered if it's a good idea with all those rubber seals and plastic parts?!

Thanks

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I dunno whether they damage stuff but they're a nightmare for us plumbers, we go home with blue hands,blue dust covers and blue tools ( oohh eeer) , :oops:

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Yep!! Toms right we go home feeling blue and looking like a smurf.:confused:

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

LOL, Tom is Papa Smurf

papa_smurf_by_kintaki92-d3j0tic.jpg

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

6. meady

meady Member

At least we go home smelling of bleach and not p**s :)

plumberboy likes this.
  7. misstee

misstee Member

Thanks for your replies guys :) don't envy plumbers having to deal with loos one bit!!! guessing they shouldn't do any harm to seals etc since no-body has jumped in saying to never use them. Have picked purple ones so in the event I need a plumber they will look less smurf like after dealing with my loo ;)

8. plumberboy

No now we will look like Ribena berries.:eek:

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

PBs new works van. :D

BerryBuggy_van2.jpg

plumberboy likes this.
  10. plumberboy

11. Massam b

Massam b New Member

Just found out why you should not use cistern blocks, Mums cistern would not stop running, found the blue block stuck under the valve at bottom of cistern allowing water to keep running into bowl.
    DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE A PUSH BUTTON TYPE CISTERN