Can I install Timeguard fused timer myself

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Ecs, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Ecs

Ecs New Member

I have heated towel rails in my bathrooms. There's a cable leading from the rail to a box in the bathroom. Then outside the bathroom is the fused switch to turn it off and on. I want to replace this with a timer switch. I've bought Timeguard FST-17A switches. Is it easy enough to install myself (if so, some instructions would be appreciated!) or should I leave it to an expert and get an electrician in?

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

They are pretty straightforward, and exactly what I have on my towel rails.

The only thing that annoys me with these is the high pitched squeal they make when "boosted".

4. Echoshock

Echoshock New Member

I also don't like the squealing, but doesn't it stop when the backlight goes out?

5. Bang!

Bang! New Member

Get an Electrician in, allow the benevolent side of your nature to pay him/her, (let's not be sexist), handsomely when he/she has done an excellent job. You'll be contributing to a worthwhile cause giving an Electrician a job, and you could even give him/her a tip as well as they leave. With so many homeowners doing electrical jobs these days, we Electricians can barely afford to eat so next time you have some electrical work that needs doing, think of your poor downtrodden local Electrician before you attempt it yourself. Save an Electrician, give him a job.