Can you/is there plans to allow a thread to be subscribed to more than one forum?

Discussion in 'Support' started by FatHands, Apr 29, 2013.

1. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hiya,
    Is there provision to add the same thread to say the carpenters and builders forum? Sometimes its debatible on which one the question is best asked in. I guess once its been answered it can be merged /assigned to the more specific one?

Cheers! :)

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi FatHands

I am sorry there is no ability to post a single tread in to two different places, or to murge two different threads.

As all threads are shown on the Recent Activity on the homepage, it is likely that you would get a responce from both groups of tradesmen. However if you did not get a responce you can always post a second time in a different space.

Regards

Peter

3. FatHands

Hi Peter, No sweat, just thought i'd check :)

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I have no problem with somebody doing a cut and paste on a couple of forums, as you say often it's a grey area which heading it comes under, easy enough to say in the post that's what you are doing.

Trouble is on many forums there is someone that delights in having a pop about double posting, or using the wrong board, often it's a new poster they pick on and gives quite the wrong impression of the normally friendly help / banter of the community. 

If there was a "Screwfix" approved way of posting on say two forums it would be easier on posters and the moderator could always move a post to the correct board as many forums do.

Regards,
    teabreak

5. FatHands

yeah true TB. The other benefit of merging the thread/posts is that all the information is in one place rather than one answer here, one answer there.

Edit: I've just created a thread in the kitchen forum here and linked to it. Hope i don't get shot down in flames lol.

6. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Its never been a problem double posting on the forum. There has been occasions when posts have been placed in every topic, this is normally only done by spammers so these are normally removed from the site.

The orginal poster has the abilty to move a post the same as our Moderation Team, by using the Move Discussion in the Action Box to the right of the discussion they created. As shown below

[​IMG]

Peter

7. FatHands

Fair point Pete. Cheers