Can't find the right attachment for outside tap!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by alan84, May 29, 2016.

1. alan84

alan84 New Member

Hi Folks can anyone tell me what tap adaptor I would need for this as I just bought a Karcher hose and the tap adaptors they've included don't fit on the tap.

[​IMG]

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

One thing I will add, the brass fitting can be difficult to connect to some type of hose.
    I have some ancient Screwfix yellow hose,it's been abused over the years,& still comes back fighting, it's heavy duty, so slightly larger diameter & the brass hose fittings will not fit, yet plastic ones will.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Or put a bit of hose and a connector on the end of the tap.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Read you Karcher instructions carefully - I think they sometimes recommend against brass fittings as they can cause damage to their plastic ones - probably due to sharp edges and no 'give/flexibility'.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good point.

In fact I just remembered the hose end connector is plastic I use for my Nilfisk.

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I changed the fittings on my karcher to brass, the plastic ones kept stripping the thread due to water pressure at the lance.

8. alan84

alan84 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I'ii go to my local screwfix tomorrow and give it a try :)

9. alan84

alan84 New Member

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Too big,even though its the right, as in how, for hose or connection to Karcher?

:confused::confused: Confused now.

Post a photo of fittings you had with Karcher for connection to water, might be clearer then as what's wrong.
    What Karcher model, sure all fittings same.

11. alan84

alan84 New Member

The Karcher is fine, just trying to fit the tap connector on but it doesn't fit on as its too big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I'm not very good with DIY :(

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Simple.:)

Unscrew the brass adaptor on the tap, then screw green adaptor onto tap,using grey reducer if required.Grey adaptor is a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer, you may or maynot need it, depends on tap size.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Clearly. :p:p:p:p:p:p, if this isn't a windup, it should be, comedy gold.

KIAB likes this.
  14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It made me chukle, & cheered me up a bit.:)

15. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Oh dear, this is a total wind up, surely no one is that dumb

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't you believe it.:eek:
    My neighbour was,same problem,but she was female, so wasn't unexpected.:)

17. Patrice Beckett

Patrice Beckett New Member

Is that so, I can do any DIY, decorating, anything around the home that my useless ex couldn't do and guess what I'm female