CAR WASH

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Sparkielev, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Thought I'd treat my van to a wash at the car wash near me, as I sat in van I noticed how they had wired the electrics it was extension lead with plug cut off wired into lamp post, they had heaters, Hoover's and all kinds running off it, don't council inspect these places!!!!!!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

If I saw that, HSE would be getting a call from me.:eek:

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Inspections are reserved for British peeps, can't be upsetting the Eastern Europeans now can we.
    After all they pay in £2.5 Billion more than they take out. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, believe that you believe anything.

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Stop moaning...it only cost you 2 quid! :D

5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Gotta love the way you assume the garage is run by the Eastern Europeans = dodgy lectrics.

Risteard likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

You try running a carwash not being Eastern European, worse than the Mafia when it comes to the carwashing cartel.
    As for dodgy electrics, home from home comes to mind.

7. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Of course, how stupid of me not to see. Every single car wash in the whole of the the UK is run by Eastern Europeans with a penchant for dodgy lectircs. I totally blame the EU. Just vote no. Rant etc. yawn. Daily Mail.

Smokey likes this.
  8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Was the extension lead cabled from on top of the cut-out, or below the cut-out?

9. A tad unfair on our Phil, Col. :rolleyes:

The guy has an IQ of 160, don't you know, and always examines the evidence on both sides before giving his bigoted reply...

10. Phil the Paver

What we got here, is failure to except FACT, so you get what we had last week, which is the way there want it, you state Facts and you're some how a racist taring everybody with the same brush.
    Well in sunny Cornwell and wherever Coloumb comes from may be perfect, but the rest of the UK isn't.

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Went to a local car boot early this morning and I came home sooner than expected as I thought I was in Eastern Europe, obviously I have a failure to accept!:mad::(

longboat likes this.
  12. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

You should watch some of the battle field Paris videos that are knocking about, hint- you wont find them on the BBC or Guardian website, try Vidmax or similar. And yet they still call Enoch racist.

As for the car wash, well, nobody likes a tell tale.

Astramax likes this.
  13. Big Adam

Big Adam New Member

At least your George Cross wielding neo-nazis use 2.5mm2 T&E for nicking 'lectric.

Bet those Polish buggers used 1.5

14. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Cover plate was taken off extension lead inside, and yeah was Eastern European

15. I hope you reported them?

16. Why did you come home early, Astra?

The last car boot I was at had the usual mix of sellers - some happy and chatty and enjoying being there, and some surly, slobby and grunty. Same with the 'customers'.

I suspect those at 'your' car boot were a similar mix to that- except with a different language? Or more likely with two languages?

So why did you come home early?

17. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

£5.50 for a hand prewash then full triple foam through the machine. Loads better that all those gap-site carwashes run by criminals exploiting their own folk.

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Why, Don't like being covered in cigarette smoke.

seneca likes this.
  19. Ah. I see.

That's what you meant by "...I have a failure to accept!"

Don't worry - I here there's move afoot in the EU to ban smoking in even outdoor public places.

And Amen to that.

20. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

My mate was on holiday abroad,India i think it was,anyway he was sending me pics of all the dodgy electrics,they use wooden poles to carry the cables then tap off to feed the shops and houses,some are a real mess.Outside his hotel window was just such a pole,with about 40 assorted wires attached,flex,singles,t&e,all sorts of bits,mostly fitted by the shop owners to get free electric.apparently it's a running battle between the suppliers and the thieves.One day he watched th suppliers "pruning" the pole,in the end there was only about half a dozen legitimate cables left attached.Early the following morning he heard a noise outside his window,he looked out and there was a bloke up the pole wrapping a bit of cable onto the connections, "it's ok mate,just getting my electric back" he said as he noticed my mate watching him.By the end of that day the pole was covered in a mass of assorted cables,apparently it's pretty normal in some countries,the supplier disconnects the illegal feeds,the shopkeepers reconnect them,then a week or two later the supplier diss's them again and the merry go round continues.