Carpet Fitting Accessories

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by SSS, Feb 23, 2015.

1. SSS

SSS Member

I'm buying all the carpet and accessories so that they can be fitted by a carpet fitter and I just have a quick question, which I'm hoping will be simple to answer.

If the carpet is being laid from one room (hallway) and the entrance to another room has a different type of flooring (in this case it will be lino and vinyl), would I need a single doorbar?

See below:

http://www.flooringsuperstore.com/accessories/single-doorbar-gold.html

I have attached an image, which will hopefully make things clearer as to what I mean:

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/icemansin/Carpet Fitting/IMG_2833.jpg

I have bought the carpet, underlay, carpet grippers and some doorbars. Is there anything else that I need in terms of materials needed for a carpet fitter to lay down the carpet?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. SSS

SSS Member

Anyone?

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If you are leaving the lino there or not taking the carpet through into that room, then yes a single door bar is right, as for having all you need to lay it, as long as you have enough of what you have, ie: grippers door bars etc, then it looks like your good to go.

4. SSS

SSS Member

Thanks for the confirmation Phil

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I see the the lino will be laid directly onto floorboards, if you do get lino make sure its thick, not the cheap 2mm one, if not then the boards will show through. You could lay 6mm plywood as a base, then vinyl over.

If you lay vinyl direct go for the single door bar. If laying plywood look for the 'zig zag' version -it has hooks for the carpet one end and a plain edge to accommodate up to 10mm thickness of flooring.

Plus if the room contains a WC, it is best to floor under it by removing the pan screws for the WC.

6. SSS

SSS Member

Thanks Jit

7. SSS

SSS Member

What is a WC?

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

It a toilet (water closet)