Cavalier shower trays

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tomellie, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Tomellie

Tomellie New Member

Anyone had experience of the Waifer shower trays made by Cavalier? Having a nightmare trying to get one (1200 x 800) that is relatively straight. Eventually settled on one that isn't too bowed but others were well out of shape. Fed up with taking them back and getting replacements. Interested on hearing if anyone else has similar experience?

2. Not of them, no. Recently had a job where a 700 x 700 quadrant was required. None of my merchants could supply so found one on the internet and at a (suspiciously) good price. It was as bent as a dog's back leg. Sent the whole lot back and, in fairness, received a full refund. The lesson then is "you get what you pay for". So take it back, get your money back and fork out for a quality tray. I've never had a problem with one of those.

3. Tomellie

Tomellie New Member

I purchased it from a very well established local bathroom retailer and wasn't cheap at £160. Said they sell a lot of them. Apparently they are made in the UK. Initially bought to use with the riser kit (extra £60) but one of the sockets legs was not set in the tray correctly so decided to fit to a raised platform. Had already returned 2 of them. Wondering if I was being too picky. Ended up fitting the last tray as had to get job done. Shocking lack of quality control - surely shouldn't be leaving the factory if not right!!