Chisels sharpening - handbook needed

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Tetrev, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Tetrev

Tetrev New Member

Hi, I am from the Czech Rep. and I am starting to sell Narex woodworking chisels internationally and I would like to include a brief handbook describing how to sharpen the chisels. Is anyone willing to write a short instructions for beginners and take a few pictures of the sharpening the Narex chisels? I would provide a set of 4 chisels 6,12,20,26 mm (see the picture) for free.

Attached Files:

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Just refer them to Paul sellers.com for full video tutorial.
    chisels please....lol
    RS

Ray Retired likes this.
  3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Dunna tell him, there's a video on the internet,, I want a free set of chisels. :p:p:p:p

4. retiredsparks

will we get our chisels...i dont think so !
    RS

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

For what those chisels look like I would have thought that rubbing them on a brick would suffice, or use them to chop the brick.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Apparently they are good quality chisels Chippie. ;);)

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

For the price! The reviews do seem quite good but I don't like the look of the handles. My chisels are sh1te.

8. retiredsparks

Funny, all my tools are in very good condition, clean, fettled, sharp where required and stored correctly.
    Then again , I... was a craftsman.
    RS

9. russellsimpkin

russellsimpkin New Member

Regardless of the tool, the technique of sharpening doesn't change, there are lots of books and videos out there so don't spend to long offering free tools for likely quiet poor right ups and instructions, someone who is good at this would want to be paid,especially given the wide variety of stones and jigs available, it would take a long time to cover even the basics. When I teach people to sharpen tools it takes on average two to three hours per tool with one on one tuition. most carpenters will know what to do and a poor right up brings the credibility of the tool into question.
    Nothing makes a laughing stock out of equipment like a bad instruction manual.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Or knowing the difference between write and wrong.

11. retiredsparks

Where are my chisels !...you ne'erdowell !
    RS

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Could be rite or rong if you have a lisp!