Combi vs systems boiler for the 6th floor flat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by JennyD, Jul 2, 2014.

1. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

It's not always what's easiest but what the customers can afford,and I'm afraid best practice goes out the window.
    Most plumbers aren't going to loss a job because they want to site a boiler somewhere else and the customer doesn't want that extra expense. Call them goons if you like I prefer to call it reality.;)

2. elefantman

elefantman Member

That's it in a nut shell, I love fixing the jobs other "cowboy plumbers" leave behind, I make my living giving my customers the job they really wanted but didn't get, if you want to be a good plumber you should concentrate on cutting pipes not cutting corners

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

depends where you live/work elefantman, like PB says there's a rule book and there's real life, either you're a new plumber or a rich mans son who can pick his work, Most, like me, have to price for a job and where i live/work you HAVE to price keen to get work, there's just too many plumbers chacing little work, but good luck in your campaign for doing what you think the customer wants, o_O

4. elefantman

elefantman Member

I'm semi retired, I've been at it for 31 yrs now and get work from recommendations, I farm some big jobs out to lads I know won't let me down, I have always had the same mentality if they want cheap work done find someone else then call me and I'll charge you to put it right, they always call me from then on, don't chase work chase a good reputation and the work will follow

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

where you at elefant ?

6. elefantman

elefantman Member

Cheshire, were the nice people live.......and bloody footballers

7. plumberboy

If us goons stop cutting corners you might be out of work and I'd hate too have that worry on my mind.:p

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

cheshire's a big place, footballers,scoucers and taffies, silver spoons and bmw's,swimming pools, people have dinner at 8pm ,Widnes and warrington are in cheshire gladley Wigan is not,
    and nice people live everywhere, check ya change fella cos there's a lot o bad un's in Cheshire too, ;)

9. plumberboy

Your profile says you are 43yrs old and you say you have been at it 31 yrs,sh#t man you must be good if you started when you were 12.

10. elefantman

elefantman Member

Yeah I never put my real details on stuff like this just incase ,that's not my birthday either!, I think widnes is in Merseyside I believe the border is 1/2 way across the bridge into the hell hole that is runcorn, it's true though that if it wasn't for muppets cocking jobs up I'd have to find work instead of work finding me

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the cracks are showing PB, another keyboard warrior, ha ha :)

12. plumberboy

HA HA :):):)

13. elefantman

elefantman Member

Haha I'm guessing you two rough muppets are quite young, your spelling and limited understanding of your trade defines your poor education and limited upbringing I pity your customers who employ nvq plumbers but I realise you will not be in the game for long enough to matter, when I was a younger man I didn't have time to waste like this I was either working or paper working, I wanted to see how people who come to places like this thought, you've helped and I stand next to what I've added on here as it's all factual other than my personal details

14. plumberboy

Best you get an early night as you must have school tomorrow.
    I used to quite like the muppets as it goes.

15. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

O dear another newbie who thinks he's the bee knees and everybody else is wrong. :p:p:rolleyes:

16. elefantman

elefantman Member

I'm not a newbie, this was a one off thing for fun, forums like this are great places to find out the mentality of specific brands customers, I'm not a screw fix customer I prefer specific trade outlets.
    A couple of things I've seen written on here are out and out dangerous and some need to look for further training, this is the last one from me so have fun and try not to kill anybody

17. plumberboy

Thanks for calling in for a chat its been nice having you.

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Where's the trade outlet for arrogant t***s then, I'll look to stay away from it.:p:p:p

19. plumberboy

:):)

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the clue's in the name realy elefantman ha ha, mature ? offered no advice to anyone from his 31 years of experiance, just came for a argument,
    mind you its skool holidays now so they stop up a bit later, o_O