concrete floor, building regs

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by roughberty, Aug 3, 2015.

1. roughberty

roughberty Member

Hi, I have inherited an unfinished concrete floor, insulation has been installed, DPM, slab over, DPM trimmed off flush to the slab. Part of one room has been sand+cement screeded, screed is wall to wall, no celotex or tape against the external walls. U/F heating not installed. Is this going to upset my friendly local building inspector?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You could always try asking him/her.

3. roughberty

roughberty Member

I could have asked anybody, but I asked here. In the full understanding that not all replies would be of value.

4. Oooooh, I like that reply - soooo much better than the 'toys thrown out' we usually get on here :)

Can't help you, sorry, Rough, but hopefully someone else can.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The external perimeter edges of floor slab should be insulated, are you going to remove exsisting screed before installing UHF?
    I would rather had the plain concrete slab without the screed if your going to fit UHF, then cover the lot with a liquid screed,so much better than a sand/cement screed for UHF, better heat transfer,it gets into every knook,something seldom acheived with a traditional screed.

Better to have a chat with your building inspector before going any further & see what is acceptable, otherwise might end up with a large bill.