Connecting into a brick manhole

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dam0n, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Hi all,

Back again with yet more questions.

I'm planning to connect a soil stack from a new bathroom to an existing foul drain and seeing as the brick built manhole is 3mtrs away at 45degrees from the soil downpipes it makes sense to connect straight to it. The foul pipe is 4" and at a depth of 1mtr.

Whats the best method of connecting to the original drain? I understand I could cut out the original section of channel and insert a clay channel junction but ideally id like to not disturb the original channel if possible. If this is indeed the only way to go what fittings should I buy and where can I find them? I'm struggling to find anyone who stocks the clay channel.

Is it acceptable to use a pvc channel bend resting ontop of the original channel lip and discharging straight into it from above? If so, what fittings can I use? can the channel bend then connected via push fit and then benched around?

I will of course speak to the BCO when appointed but I'd really like to have some knowledge of the subject before speaking to them.

I've attached some pictures below to help.

Thanks very much

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Ask BCO you can install a dropper pipe.

internal dropshaft 01.jpg

KIAB likes this.
  3. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Any other thoughts on this?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I usually core drill 5" hole through side of manhole for 110mm to come through & connent tochannel bend to drop into channel,I find it a lot easier than knocking hole in manhole with sds breaker.

Dam0n likes this.
  5. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Thanks for the reply, is it as simple as using the push fit channel bend into a straight run of 110mm? I understand that there needs to be a flexible connection within 150mm of the outside of the brick manhole to allow for any movement so what would you recommend for this?

https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.u...ion-right-hand-channel-branch-bend-110mm.html

Is this fit for purpose?

Appreciate the help