Connecting kitchen units and curved elements

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by TheJay, Aug 9, 2016.

1. TheJay

TheJay Member

Hi, I've had a kitchen supplied and can see no way of discretely making a mechanical connection between a unit and a curved element so I figure double sided tape is probably best.

I need to know whether others use double sided tape in situations like this and if so, exactly which one is most appropriate and comes highly recommended please. The one problem I have encountered with this solution is that I need as small-a-gap as possible between the two pieces to avoid unsightly vertical lines when I need to achieve an almost seamless finish and this tape tends to be at least 1mm thick.

Thanks.

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I can honestly say I have never taped units together. Perhaps a picture would help or a more detailed description of the problem.

3. njm

njm Member

Curved elements?...are you talking about curved cornice,pelmet or plinth to suit curved end units? Double sided tape has no use when fitting kitchens as far as i know, there is always -alwsys a way to get a screw fixing or a bracket or something to get a propper fix