Contiboard edge banding

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by brian_uk1, Sep 30, 2015.

1. brian_uk1

brian_uk1 New Member

Hi, tried searching nothing in way of help.
    ordered additional conti board to make up additional bathroom cabinets.
    The edging tape supplied, is not the standard pre-glued stuff, but of a thick paper printed type. Looks like used on an industrial banding machine. Using evo stick easily bonds to edge, but when trimming, you can see the white edge. don't look too good especially when doing corners..
    Only thing can think of is mixing up sone acrylic paint then rub along the showing white line....

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ok Brian what finish is your board? A colour or a woodgrain? I quite often come up against this issue of the white edging glaring out, and have a selection of coloured sharpies for touching them in carefully.

3. brian_uk1

brian_uk1 New Member

Thanks goldenboy.. Its called oak drift wood..Ok putting the edging in line with the board leaving more over hand non the non seen side, but as ay gives that white line, more prominent at the corner edges. Think that's my only option, mix up a matching acrylic paint and rub along with finger... Of as mentioned sharpie, or furniture restorer pen, of matching colour...

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Being on the edge - and the top edge at that - it's always gonna get knocked/rubbed/worn, showing the white again.

Don't they make a full-colour plastic type edging, even if it's a contrasting colour-all round ? Type of thing I'm thinking of is what we used to get edging coffee tables years ago.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. brian_uk1

brian_uk1 New Member

nope will never deal again with the supplier. Rang them up, all they said is that how it comes from our suppliers, just use contact adhesive then trim your fitter should know this. WTF. All I ever seen is the laminated iron on stuff.... After all this don't know why the hell never went to b&q or alike and ordered the sheeting with matching iron on stuff. Using a router no laminate splinters. Also been £350 better off... ahh well live and learn live and learn..