cscs Cards

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by chowbasa, Oct 7, 2005.

1. chowbasa

chowbasa New Member

I have found that to get 1 of these cards is no easy peasy. I have been told to do this course & that course at a cost of over 6oo quid, B------s to it Is what I say, WHAT DO YOU SAY!

2. 30 year man

30 year man New Member

I thought the JIB ECS card was the accepted electrical alternative to this. As I understand it, the CSCS qualification is intended for supervisory building operatives. The ECS card requires proof of training, qualification, I.D card and a safety assessment test every couple of years, and you get change from £50. I could be mistaken , but i'm sure someone else on this forum will have the facts to hand.

3. sparks1

sparks1 New Member

have to agree with 30 year man, the safety assessment in question is every three years, unless your just thru your time where i think its about 5 years.

4. sparks1

sparks1 New Member

...... after your time is out then every three years after that.

5. Neosparks

Neosparks Member

The www.cscs.uk.com CSCS card scheme is a card which proves you are Health and safety aware, and also skilled at your professed job.

The ECU card holds similar aspects to the CSCS card, and is affiliated with the scheme, so this is an alternative to the CSCS card. www.cscs.uk.com - you can fill in an application form online.

I was given a book full of the safety test questions, and then went to a driving test centre to take the on screen test (H&S). Pretty easy and common sense really.

I would get one, especially as most foreign workers are getting on board

6. chowbasa

chowbasa New Member

Jib tell me that they need proof of nvq level 3 before they can issue me with a card.
    c&g pt 1 & 2 16th ed test & inspection not enough.

7. marty359

marty359 New Member

Chowbasa, I'm having the same problems, im 32 and have c&g 1+2 and 16th edition. I worked for a jib company last year through an agency and sat the ECS health and safety course with some of the guys from site. I sent off for my grading/cscs with jib and the card came back as 'senior graded electrical trainee'!!!!!!!!!!!

The jib tell me that my papers are no good and that i need nvq 3, which in my area the college only runs a day course over 2 years. Im now looking into joining a scheme that costs £600 to have someone come and ***** my work over 4 months to gain nvq3, ive searched for months to find a way round it.

The whole things a joke, jib need to sort themselves out.

8. spud gun

spud gun New Member

A mate of mine was refused a JIB card becase he did not have NVQ3, even though he has HNC,2381,2391 full app and 20 years experience

9. Darkworldenterprise

Darkworldenterprise New Member

I understand your frustration with the cost and effort required to obtain a CSCS Supervisor Card. It's true, it can be quite expensive and demanding. However, the card is highly valued in the construction industry for ensuring supervisors are well-versed in safety and leadership, potentially leading to better job opportunities and higher pay. It’s worth weighing these long-term benefits against the initial investment.

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

He's still trying after 19 years.

AI bots at work. How does Screwfix vet its new members @screwfix.peter?

arrow likes this.
  11. Darkworldenterprise

Darkworldenterprise New Member

Buy CSCS card provides significant benefits to individuals working in the construction industry