CT-1 Sealant?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sinewave, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

2. a1colly

a1colly New Member

I currently have around 20 tubes of the stuff on the van, its amazing..... but don't and use it as a silicon... its stick likes sh**!!!

Brilliant for sealing those leaky compression fittings on waste pipes or for stopping that Jacuzzi bath from leaking.

It doesn't like to be run as a bead and is ridiculous to remove from surfaces, but as they claim does work underwater ( emergency repair after someone dropped a hammer down a toilet and cracked the porcelain).

If even used it in an instance when I haven't had a flush cone from a toilet in a hotel and was put into service after 60 seconds....hmm need to pop back there and fit a flush cone :)

Nobody should be without a tube of this stuff

3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Anyone else? 

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I have used it and it is excellent but no-one local seems to stock it so its a while since I used any.

5. Dreadnaught Heating

Dreadnaught Heating New Member

Yeh, got a tube on board, used it on a split waste pipe push-fit fitting coming down from flat above in a most awkward location. No call-back yet. WhipCrackAwaaaaaaay!

Its on a par with Stickslike. Don't leave home without it.

DH

6. trialist

trialist New Member

Anyone else used this adhesive?

7. Jeremy Delvarr

Jeremy Delvarr New Member

I have been using this material for more than 30 years in an industrial environment. I do not find any other sealant adhesive to match it. It has phenomenal adhesive/bonding qualities especially in damp and even wet conditions; it cures quickly and can be painted over in a very short time after applying. Despite its strong adhesion to almost all surfaces, it can be cleaned off quite easily with a damp cloth when first applied -- if done without delay; this makes it ideal for jobs where neat and clean lines are essential. It is certainly worth the money when work of high class appearance is needed and when performance and security are concerned. I have also found it to be highly dependable. Once opened, it will not last very long before it hardens in the tube. However, it is a real 'get-you-out-of-trouble' material which can pay for itself handsomely in a single use. Definitely 10 out of10!

8. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Stixall is the same product and cheaper

9. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

I tried it on a cast iron boiler where the weld had sprung a leak - it didn't work at all.