Decorating a window board

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Iron_Mike, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Hi

I need some advice on how to decorate a window board.

I know the edges of the board need to be caulked.

However the back bit of the board which stretches across the length of the window, should I be using a plastic mastic?

I have never decorated a WB before, so was seeking clarification.

In regards to the painting aspect, I have seen some good you tube videos that cover this.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

IM

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

If it moves and may crack if filled stick quadrant along. Wood if painted or white plastic if you have upvc. It's cheep. If it's solid but has a joint showing along then caulk it. Allow you dry and paint, as that's what I normally do.

Iron_Mike likes this.
  3. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Cheers fella.

I have upvc windows.

What kind of white plastic should I be getting for the long edge pressed against the window?

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I'd just caulk it, unless the gap is significant.

Iron_Mike likes this.
  5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

local plastic centre will have 4.2m of bead for about £7. Just a little silicone to stick. When dry silicone again but the trick is using tiny amounts to fill in as you can't paint silicone. Some use wood and stick with no nails. Caulk and paint wood. I would just use decorators caulk unless bad. Never a fan of the quadrant but it dose work

Iron_Mike likes this.
  6. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Thanks for explaining that lads.