Delay on timer for extractor

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by OllyUK, Oct 14, 2008.

1. OllyUK

OllyUK Member

Hi,
    I am looking for a delay on timer for a extractor fan with shower light integrated. I can find the extractor fan with the shower light but cant seem to find one which incudes a feature to delay the fan so it doesnt come on everytime as kids are always putting light on for few seconds.
    Olly
    Many thanks

2. pearcy

pearcy New Member

no such luck,you can try a external humidistat then will only come on with humidity,ie bathing/ shower ,

3. sparkies r us

sparkies r us New Member

If you have an opening window you could put the fan on a retractable pull switch ( MK do these, they have a red pull cord) This is then used just to start the timer on the fan and then the fan cant get left on...

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Olly

I've got one in my house, I'll check the model later, but I'm sure it's branded by Sector. You need to have the switch on for about 3 seconds before it starts up.

5. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle New Member

6. OllyUK

OllyUK Member

7. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

8. OllyUK

OllyUK Member

I get that but was only looking for a delay of about 1-2 mins between first switch on and the fan coming on. In that way it will not come on with very short switches on of the light. But I realise the reason the people that make these fans dont ahve a delay from first switch on

9. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member