Dents in your car caused by doors on other cars being banged on to yours in car parks

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Aug 8, 2016.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Qu. 1 Does it bother you?
    Qu. 2 Would you bother to protect your car if a suitable device were available.
    Qu. 3 Do you worry about dents and dings along the side of your car?

2. Working On It

Working On It Member

Does my nuts in...Which is why I park away from everyone, generally only to find some one has parked right next to me. I parked in Asda once in a new car come out only to find the banger next to me had banged the door against mine, spent half an hour calling the owner on the tannoy, for him, his wife and little kids eventually turning up after their shop, as you can imagine I was F888ing fuming by this time, his response, that's why I don't have a new car mate, it happens, I had to leave otherwise I still be in prison

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Waste of time talking to them,I now just make note of their number plate & wait my time for paid back...:rolleyes:

4. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

A lot of the problems are caused by car parking spaces being too narrow. Supermarkets wanting too cram as many shoppers in as possible. Having said that that they worst ones near me are at my doctors medical centre. Common sense comes into it as well. If you squeeze in between a old motorhome and a big rusty old banger you might get pranged. Unfortunately cars are made nice and shiny to sell in the showroom but not to park in car parks .

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And shopping trolleys, runaway shopping trolleys, saw a filly let the trolley run away into a car in Asda other day,it left a lovely dent & scratch in a newish green audi driver's door.:(

I just left a note of her car & it's reg under his wiper,& a contact email, a few days later I sent a clip from my dashcam to him .:)

6. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

It's no good asking DVLA for the basher's contact details, I wrote to DVLA explaining why I needed the info and enclosed a cheque for the fee, they said "We need the name of the offending vehicle's owner". I wrote saying "I don't know, that's what I'm asking for". They said "In that case we can't give you the info" so I asked for a refund and the reply was "We don't give refunds". Nice little earner for DVLA, fortunately the fee was only about £4 but the repairs were £128. Strange how cowboy clampers can get their info easily.

7. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Had a bloke try and get out of his car and on 3 attempts he hit my door, he'd parked next to me despite there being other spaces, the fact I was sat in the car made no difference. I politely informed him that if he did it again he was in the right place for what would happen to him. We were parked outside A&E at my local hospital.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  8. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Grrrrrrrrr! No, No if I get started the whole evening will be gone before I finish posting! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: