Dewalt 18v drill

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by tore81, Oct 23, 2016.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

i have an 18v dewalt cordless lithium brushless I'm starting to notice that it stop starts the trigger sometimes almost seems to miss. Like a delay.

As anyone else experienced this bought from screwfix and is within its guarantee.

I'm starting to think it's faulty. Will screwfix sort it?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Been searching, this problem has come up before,but I can't remember where, either this forum or a trade mag.

which model.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

18V XR Li-Ion is it best to contact screwfix or straight back to dewalt.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Would think Screwfix will change it, but you will need the receipt.

5. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

When replacing faulty goods I've found that Screwfix have my receipts on their computers so I don't need the paper receipt.
    I've been explicity told by Screwfix staff that I don't need to keep the paper receipt, although I don't know if that's policy, it's just what I was told.

tore81 likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well they wouldn't replace several rolls of faulty earth sleeving, despite it having SF on the bags without a receipt, end throwing the carp in the bin.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Take it back and they will replace it if you say you are unhappy with it.

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I saw someone try to return an item the other day. They said not without a receipt. But, the guy checked through the computer to day and time of purchase and found the item etc. Customer was then able to change item.

I suppose one could produce a bank statement with said purchase on it as proof? As they could then trace it on their system?

tore81 likes this.
  9. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thanks all I'll be taking it back Tommorrow

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You have to have an account to use SF so they can find your buys.

11. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Log into your Screwfix account. Go to Order History, choose the relevent order then scroll to bottom and click Print Order Details.

enc likes this.
  12. enc

enc Active Member

If like me you are a saddo :oops: I alwYs keep the original boxes until at least the warranty is up ( usually longer :rolleyes:) ...and bung them in the loft.
    Usually, I sellotape the receipt into the box so I know where to find it.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You have more space than sense ;);)

14. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Taken back to my local screwfix found out the drill is over 1 year old.

I have barely used it as I now get one for work use.

My local screwfix are friendly staff and pretty good but they can't get hold of dewalt to collect.

Because it's over a year it has to be repaired, I'm getting p off and questioning wether I should of stuck to Bosch had that for four years and I abused it.

This drill hardly used a piece of **** Has Dewalt turned into rubbish.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Prefer Makita myself.

16. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Starting to think that way! My first dewalt drill and not impressed.

The thing is if they just give me a new drill I probably wouldn't care and would buy again.

All the hassle! I will be looking for a better quality drill next time. Luckily I'm not self employed as I would be struggling.

17. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Had a Bosch now for some time and its been an awesome workhorse (Its a drill, not a horse!)

18. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Ye mate my Bosch lasted me four years still going but very heavy now lol.

Don't fix what isn't broke. Bosch next time for me. I fancied having the working light on the drill at the time Which sold me the dewalt. I Will learn!

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Working light on mine which is a great feature

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have aBosch GSB 18-2-Li Plus, great drill, as Koolpc the led light is very good,it's compact & well balanced.
    Also have a Bosch GSB 18 VE-EC RS Brushless Combi another excellent drill, got 2Ah & 4Ah last ages on a charge.