Direct Power 24v drill

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by bunnyb, Jul 2, 2016.

1. bunnyb

bunnyb New Member

A few years ago I purchased a cordless combination drill. The batteries never seemed to last very long but I put it down to not using it very much and they naturally discharged. I used it yesterday and managed 1 hole from a full charge. The drill is well out of warranty and is now discontinued. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to source some new batteries. I have contacted customer services and all they said was search the Internet, they wo

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. bunnyb

bunnyb New Member

Drill is Direct Power 24v, Screwfix own brand I think

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Silly me, it's in the title.:eek::oops:

It's Nicad, around 10 years old, not worth the expense to recell, cheaper to buy new drill.

5. bunnyb

bunnyb New Member

Cheers KIAB, looked at the link you posted and for 2 batteries it would have been over £100, a bit more and can get a decent drill

6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I up-graded recently fom an old Ni Cad Makita drill/driver to the new one with 10,8v slide-in batteries. OMG, what a difference. The old drill went straight to the tip...In the appropriate skip of course. :D:D:D