Do I need hinge tite screws for butt hinges

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by lemonade, Jan 6, 2017.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What pictures?
    You were asked a simple question and you gave several wrong answers and since then you have blustered, dissembled, insulted, tried to raise red herrings, tried to change the subject, tried to do anything other than say "Sorry, yes you should have bought some hinge tite screws or any other single countersink screws in the correct gauge" Are you prepared to say that?

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

3. Mr. Handyandy

:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yes I didn't know something and I admitted it, it's what grown ups do.

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

And they're off!! :D

longboat likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Oh I forgot, you never grew up did you, you tiny handed tw@.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What are the odds on a decision or does it have to be a knockout? ;)

CGN likes this.
  8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Judging by the fact big all has not posted in months, just how long ago was that posted?

That only goes to show two things. Chips is man enough to admit when he doesn't know, and its ironic as **** you called chippie a 'staker' but are prepared to trawl through his profile.

9. Mr. Handyandy

I didn't go through his profile. I happened to be googling for information and that thread popped up in the results.
    From 2010.

upload_2017-1-18_22-25-15.png

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Of course it did Malcolm, and you decided to use me apologising not knowing something seven years ago as a defence for you not apologising for giving bad advice in 2017? That Trump metaphor keeps coming back :)

wiggy likes this.
  11. Mr. Handyandy

It was not as a defence. It was merely for ridicule reasons:p (as in, you don't know it all)

Look, blindman.

It is very simple(bit like you). I asked the OP what type of screw he was using. My suggestion was that he may be using the wrong type of countersunk screw. I suggested he try a different type.

Perfectly reasonable, as the screws he was using didn't fit flush.

If you can't see that, you are blind, and you have no common sense whatsoever.

Thick as stickslike....

I showed you 3 different screwhead countersinks. It was easy to see that if you had the wrong type of countersunk screw, it might not fit, and to use a type that better matched the countersunk hole.

Now, I've wasted, WASTED far too much time explaining myself to you, if you still don't get it, go drop dead.
    You are no use to man or mouse.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

'Beast', man nor beast! :rolleyes:
    :p

13. Mr. Handyandy

I can't be right all the time! :oops:

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

My missus thinks I'm right 'all' the time
    I've lost count of the number of time's she's said "you know everything".

It's a massive ego boost, I can tell ya.
    :D

gadget man and wiggy like this.
  15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Jesus! He's a vampire hunter when he's not at work?
    Each to their own, I guess.
    o_O

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But you didn't did you, you suggested using a Philips and then you suggested a double countersunk or a bugle or drilling the hole out none of which is the answer as you still won't admit that all fittings are drilled at the same angle and you didn't know that. All he needed to do was chuck the rubbish screws that are supplied with the fittings away and buy the correct screws in the correct gauge
    This isn't a biggy Andy, I get stuff wrong all the time, as does everybody, and you man up and say "Sorry, cocked up, lets move on" Why can't you do this very simple thing?

malkie129 likes this.
  17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So you're Googling for ways to get out of your predicament as you don't know the answer, call yourself a handyman?
    Hang on that is exactly what a Billy Bodgit would do...

18. proby

proby Active Member

No he'd probably say he hadn't seen the post or must have answered the wrong one or alcohol was involved.:)

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I thought that was me :oops:

proby likes this.
  20. proby

proby Active Member